It's a pretty unique experience to stay at this location and I'd do it again without thinking twice, but it may not be for everyone.
* Excellent location on a very secluded beach, you basically have it to yourself.
* Staying in a fort (I mean how many times can you really stay in a castle for this cheap?)
* Staff - The staff at the fort will cater to your every need, including making food, making runs into the city, organizing trips and assisting you in any way imaginable. They even arrange bag porters and a boat free of charge to transport you from the airport.
* a 10 minute walk to the nearest restaurant, which is pretty dark at night (bring a flash light)
* some of the rooms are a bit rustic, and the bathrooms could use a bit of refurbishment. Didn't bother me, but my wife was a bit put off (but she said the pros significantly outweighed the cons)
* WiFi and power are somewhat intermittent. This was actually a pro for me, as it's one of the few places in the world that you can disconnect.