The Flamingo Safari Lodge and Campsite is located at Karatu in Arusha region-Tanzania, a Tourist town 20 kms from Ngorongo the Manyara National Park and20 kms from Ngorongoro Crater and on the way to Serengeti National Park and 140 kms from Arusha. The lodge and Campsite are strategically situated just at the middle for visiting the famous National Parks of Northern Tanzania, just 100m from the main road and about 3km before entering Karatu town. An excellent and luxurious gateway that give visitors a wonderful opportunity to explore the Northern National Parks and enjoy staying in a luxury cottages, chalets and tented camping in and African Wildlife zones.
We do arrange safari trips to Manyara Natinal Park but not only.We can also arrange you safaris to the Ngorongoro Crater or to the Serengeti National Park .
The Iraqw is the main ethnic group living in Karatu and Mbulu districts near flamingo Safari lodge . They also live in Babati and Hanang districts. Their objective is to compile for posterity, a record of the lifestyle,traditions,history and culture of the Iraqw people,and also to involve and benefit local people in cultural tourism, thereby disseminating information and knowledge of the
ancient traditions to the world. The following is on offer:
1. Walking tours in the villages, mountains and bush, organised according to the interests of the visitors, and vary from
several hours to several hours to several days (Walking t ours can be extended to include the Hadzabe and Datoga in Lake Eyasi)
2. Visits to development projects – schools, dispensaries, hospitals, historical sites like German and British settlements, coffee plantations, and graves in Oldeani on the rim of the Oldeani mountain and Ngorongoro Crater
3. Traditional Iraqw meals – ugali (stiff porridge) with meat, vegetables, milk, fresh honey, kande (maize and beans) and more
4. Camping in rural and natural traditional environment or stays in Iraqw traditional houses
5. Displays of traditional wares – weapons, garments, gourds, baskets, mats, clay posts and stone tools; some of the items
are for sale and others are part of permanent collection.