Feel instantly at home in this spacious, bright, airy and beautifully appointed, character filled, secure and centrally situated unit with separate entrance.
Steyning Villa is a listed historical building, lovingly restored to its former Victorian glory, of generous proportions in a prized corner position with a commanding and irresistible street presence.
The 124 year old Victorian house is a grand home on a quiet street that exudes and exemplifies a modern yet time worn rural farmhouse aesthetic with an organic African elegance.
Come and experience old world charm with all the modern amenities and creature comforts (Gas hob, microwave oven, heated towel rail, alarm system and satellite television) both holiday maker and business person can think of.
Guests will have separate access (Not via the main house) from Walmer Road to the Guest Suite via the wrap around Verandah.
Suite consists of the following:
-Big bedroom with Queen size bed;
- Open plan living and dining with TV, DSTV and slow combustion fireplace;
- Fully equipped open plan kitchen with 2 plate gas hob, bar fridge and convection microwave;
- Bathroom with shower, basin and toilet;
- Separate alarm system;and
- Bedding and towels are provided
Woodstock was the first suburb of Cape Town and thus the oldest neighbourhood outside the CBD and steeped in history with its charming Victorian row houses and buildings.
The Villa is situated approximately 150 m from the Main Road (Key public transport corridor) where the buses and minibuses (to be experienced) pass by. Metered taxis - including the ever popular Uber - is but a call away should you prefer not to use main stream public transport.
Proximity of neighbourhood to key tourist and business attractions:
· 5 mins drive to Cape Town CBD
· 5 mins drive to The Old Biscuit Mill
· 10 mins drive to V A Waterfront
· 15 mins drive to Century City Shopping Centre
· 15 mins drive to Cavendish Shopping Centre (Claremont)
· 15 mins drive to Clifton beaches
· 15 mins drive to Table Mountain Aerial Cable Way
· 20 mins drive to Camps Bay Beach Front
· 25 mins drive to Hout Bay
The domestic will change the bedding and towels, replenish supplies and do surface cleaning in the Guest Suite on a Thursday.
PLEASE NOTE that surface cleaning in the Guest Suite does not include the washing of any dishes and/or washing, drying or ironing of any clothes.
The Guest Suite is part of a live-in and working residential property. Noise levels thus need to be kept down at all times and keeping the Guest Suite neat and tidy is paramount.
Water and electricity are scarce (and rather expensive) resources. Please use water sparingly by not running water unnecessarily and save electricity by switching of lights and other electrical equipment, such as the electric blanket and heated towel rail, off when not in use.
For everyone's safety and protection, the alarm system needs to be activated during the night and when leaving the property.
Please inquire about availability:
- Weekdays (Monday to Thursday): R 600.00 per night;
- Weekends (Saturday and Sundays): R 750.00;
- Public holidays, long weekends and holidays: R 900.00 per night for the suite; and
- Discounted rates for stays of 7 days or more