The Flying Penguin is a haven, offering complete relaxation close to nature yet within easy reach of the city. Featuring a family-sized penthouse as well as two cozy suites for two, this farmhouse-styled holiday accommodation is situated in Simon's Town. It is a peaceful getaway, allowing visitors a complete escape whilst enjoying the breathtaking location and stunning views. It is only a short walk from one of the best swimming beaches that the Cape Peninsula has to offer– Boulder’s Beach.
We accommodate a maximum of 6 guests at any one time, keeping our service personal and customized to the individual need.
With its many features, The Flying Penguin can accommodate all of our guests in luxury. Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and shower, with the penthouse offering an additional victorian slipper bath. All rooms have a flat screen television and wifi internet, plus there is a modern music system in the penthouse. All features contribute to the contemporary comfort and convenience that The Flying Penguin B&B offers its visitors, all year round.
- Washing machine.
- (Penthouse only): Flat screen TV with 20+ satellite TV (Family Bouquet subscription) and Radio channels, including movies, in the penthouse.
- (B&B and Self Catering Suites): TV. At this stage only SABC. (We are planning to incorporate DSTV but please enquire as to the status before booking if this is a requirement for you).
- (All Rooms): DVD/CD player. (Clients are recommended to bring their own selection to suit their individual preferences and tastes. DVD’s may be pre-ordered on request via the concierge, but local availability cannot be guaranteed).
- Bluetooth link to sound system: play your music from your bluetooth (eg. Android/Apple) device directly through the sound system. Bring your own music.
- Barbecue Facilities: Individual private barbecue facilities
- Please note that cell phone signal can be patchy / weak at the guesthouse. However there is a strong signal just up the road
- Concierge - responsible for the day to day needs of the guests.
- Housekeeper - responsible for the day to day cleaning and running of the domestic side of the house.
- Grounds person and general handyman - responsible for general duties to include keeping the grounds tidy, gardening - seven days per week.
OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL:
- Linen change - twice per week for longer staying guests
- 2 bikes and helmets are available for guest use
- Tennis racquets and balls
- Horse riding hard hats
- Restaurant reservations and recommendations
LOCAL FACILITIES AND ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE:
(can be booked independently or through the concierge as required – costs extra)
- Yacht and boat hire
- Horse riding
- Tandem paragliding
- Surfing lessons
- Boat hire - skippered tours of the south peninsula
- Scuba Diving
- Golf at Simon's Town Golf Course (Walking distance / 2 minutes away by car)
- Large and small motor boat and yacht charters
- Walks with a private guide
- Mountain/Cape Point Nature Reserve biking
- World class swimming beaches
PET FRIENDLY POLICY:
- We are pet friendly by arrangement
- Each unit has a separate, private, secure, fenced off outdoor area (veranda / deck) so that there is no reason that a guest should encounter any other guest's pets - including management who reside onsite and have two dogs (one small, one medium sized).