The check-in time for the villa will be at or after 14h00 on the occupation date and the checkout time will be at or before 10h00 on the termination date. After hours check-ins incur an additional charge as per the reservation confirmation. Guests are asked to go through the villa and report any dissatisfaction within the first 24 hours. A binder with information about the house and updated information about the area is left on the kitchen counter.
A Guest Registration form must be filled in together with a disclaimer and signed. Guests need to provide a contact number. A credit card must be available for the refundable breakage and security deposit.
The guests are introduced to the housekeeping staff members that will be at their service from 09h00 till 15h30 Monday to Saturday, excluding Public Holidays and Sundays. The house is serviced from 09h00 to 11h00 and the washing will be returned in the afternoon or the next day depending on the weather. Special requests for hand washing and ironing can be discussed with the housekeeping.
The Blinkwater Villa has an environmental awareness policy, which is dedicated to environmental awareness, green technology and energy conservation. A few basic carbon footprint reductions measures are put in place to contribute towards helping the environment. Guests are encouraged to do their part.
• Energy saving lighting is used where possible. Guests are requested to turn off unnecessary lights, the air conditioner and underfloor heating when you leave a room or the villa.
• Recycling is done daily for items such as paper and cardboard, metal, glass and plastics. A container is provided for all recycling items.
• Guests are advised to treat the usage of water, gas and electricity as the scarce resources that they are and encouraged to re-use towels. A notice is placed in the bedrooms asking guests to place the towels on the rails if they will be re-used to assist the environment. Towels and linen are otherwise changed every third day.
• As all of the bedrooms have showers, this allows and automatically encourages guests to save water as opposed to having a bath.
• The use of public transport, where necessary, is advised.