Built in 1905 by Sidney Herbert Adley, during the “Ostrich feather boom period” (1886 to 1914) this magnificent sandstone Victorian mansion is situated on an acre of land in a quiet up market residential area with in walking distance from the town centre and Oudtshoorn’s famous restaurants.
The house is situated on a very large property with beautiful gardens and two swimming pools.
The guest house offers twelve en-suite bedrooms with M-Net television, air-conditioning, stocked bar fridge, fans, electric blanket, telephone and tea trays. All rooms are fully air-conditioned, with modern, silent, individually operated remote controlled units. Accommodation is able to handle groups of up to 48 people by using adjoining guest houses.
There is a wonderful log fires in Winter!
Pieter and Hilda Retief personally welcome guests to their charmingly restored Victorian home.
Hilda is renowned for her memorable South African Breakfasts, and delicious evening meals are served on request, always with a choice of ostrich on the menu.