Pelican House was developed to be a welcome place to stay in Kenya. The front porch looks over a wildlife water pond and out across the grasslands of Africa. The house is a thatched cottage located on the rolling hills between the Mount Kenya and Aberdare National Parks. Located within the protected grounds of the vast natural Ol Pejeta Conservancy; elephants, giraffe, rhinos, lions, hippos, cheetahs, ostriches and antelope have all been seen from the house windows and deck.
A safe and secure private sanctuary, the Ol Pejeta Conservancy can guarantee a hassle-free safari experience with amazing wildlife viewing on good all-weather roads. Ol Pejeta’s main gate is 14 kilometres from the equator turn off, just before Nanyuki town. Follow the signs. Pelican House is 8k further inside the conservancy.
Pelican House is a thatched country cottage. It has an open-plan living and dining room with a huge fireplace, and a separate equipped kitchen. There are three bedrooms, two of which open onto a covered verandah and a wooden deck which extends out towards the dam and extensive views. The rooms come with king-size beds and soft duvets. All clean linen, bedding and towels are provided. There are two washrooms and one smaller bathroom with oversized bathtubs and a small powder room.
Enjoy world famous Kenyan coffee or tea for breakfast as the animals come to drink at the watering hole. In the evening, enjoy a home-cooked supper and sit beside a roaring fire to the discuss the day’s work and adventures.
While staying in Pelican House the staff will promptly cater to your daily needs. The house staff includes housekeeping, someone to assist with cooking, a grounds keeper and night watchman.
1. Caretakers live on site and are there to cater for your daily needs. Staff members include housekeeping, kitchen assistant,
a grounds keeper and night watchman. Members of staff work eight hours a day, with reasonable break times.
2. Bedding and towels are freshly laundered and provided at no extra charge.
3. Electricity (Generator power from 8.00 am -10.00 am and 6.00 pm – 10.00 pm) and hot water are included.
4. Boiled and filtered drinking water will be provided.
5. No pets allowed.
NOT included in your house rental
1. Ol Pejeta Conservancy entrance fees and optional Conservation Activities.
2. All food and drink. There is a Nakumat in Nanyuki, in case you need to do any supply shopping.
3. Staff gratuities. Please be aware that if you request staff to work over their standard eight hours, we kindly request that
you ensure that this over time is acknowledged in your tip.
4. Mosquito repellents and insect spray.
5. Washing up liquid, washing powder/fabric conditioner, bleach and toiletries for personal use.
6. Babysitting / ayah services available on request.
7. Chef also available on request.
|Location||Pelican House – Ol Pejeta Conservancy|
|Includes||Entire place to yourselves|
|Sleeps||8 up to 12|
4 × Double bed
4 × Single bed
Moderate: 50% refund up until 8 days prior to check-in, except fees.
a) Cancellations made between 0 and 7 full days prior to local check-in time, or no show, guests will be charged 70% of total booking value.
b) Cancellations made between 8 and 29 full days prior to local check-in time, guests will be charged 50% of total booking value.
c) Cancellations made 30 or more full days prior to local check-in time, guests will receive a full refund of their deposit, except fees.
d) In the event of a premature departure or cancellation, the nights not spent 24 hours thereafter are 50% refunded, except fees.
Entry and exit through Rongai and Serat Gates only. Open daily from 0700hrs. Gates close at 1900hrs
Conservancy Entrance Fees
PER PERSON PER DAY
VEHICLE PER DAY